Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Today is MY day!

Finally, after months of struggle and stress and postponements....today was MY day in court. We went to the courthouse early this morning and the judge read out his decision.....that it is in my best interest to legally joining the Bowman clan and so, today, my name is changed from Vailet Daudi Mapuga to Clara Shei Violet Bowman.

I had such a fun day today. I was in the best mood right from the start. Usually, I'm a pretty shy girl in pubic, but today, while we were waiting outside the judges chambers, I was playing and laughing and being very silly. After the decision, we came home and picked up Akira and we all went out to eat at Blue Heron for a lunch time celebration. Then, it was home for a quick nap, and then Mommy invited some of our friends over for a little impromptu celebration tonight.

Tomorrow we start all the hard stuff again, the paperwork chase through the halls of Tanzanian government to ensure that all my paperwork is in order, and the VERY tough task of getting our US immigration in order. But, for today....we are just going to celebrate that I am officially Akira's little sister today.






4 comments:

  1. Welcome Home Clara Shei! I know you mom will always make Oct 27 a special day for both of you. It's been a long wait but well worth it! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray, hurray!!!!!! SO incredibly happy and relieved for you. Much love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. K I am so happy for you! Following all the updates on Facebook, the highs, the lows and all the in betweens and to have it end this way for you is . . .no words to describe it.

    Love Hossein

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't be happier for you! Now you can really sit back and enjoy this beautiful crazy journey of parenthood.

    ReplyDelete