Wednesday, August 4, 2010

An all day art-fest

well, today we spent the day at the De Young museum.  Now, I like going places with my family and I love all the attention I get from other people, but the pictures on the wall...hmmm....don't really care too much.

I did this through some of the day!



The best part of the day was after we left the museum.  We stopped at a cafe downtown for a bit of light dinner and there was a very nice older gentleman at the next table.  He laughed and waved at Akira and I and we laughed and waved back.  Then, partway through our meal, he got up and came back with two miniature cupcakes for Aki and I.  Oh my gosh....I loved that!  (I have a huge sweet tooth and love fruit, smoothies, etc, while my brother prefers veggies like squash soup).  What a nice man!  Boy, I'm going to remember this.  Random acts of kindness are good for the soul, and the tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment