Friday, June 5, 2009

GREAT news!

I'm having a pretty great day! First of all, I met my cousin, Sarah today. She has come to visit us here in Arusha and to meet Akira and I. We love her....it's so so fun to have family come to stay with us. We get to have her here for a whole week! What fun we will have.


Secondly, I went to the doctor today. I weigh 5.5 kilos! This is 12 pounds. Granted it is still very low and I still have a long way to go....but the Dr. Matthews was so relieved to see me doing so much better. He was impressed by how many milestones I am meeting and thinks I'll be caught up in no time. I just needed a bit of love, attention and food! Yay for me! Dr. Matthews kept saying how happy he was and that he was certain now that I would make it and make a full recovery....though I was still going to need a lot of TLC to help with all the residual complications coming from malnourishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment