Thursday, December 3, 2009

Changing Times

It seems like I'm growing so fast and making so many changes its hard to keep up with them all.  I'm more independent every day and asserting myself all the time. I've figured out about holding my bottle and while at first I was tentative about it, I now reach and grab it from Mommy's hands.  I'm learning to be gentle and instead of smacking people in the face, I am learning that it makes everyone happy when I touch gently....so I'm trying hard to do that (though sometimes I get too excited and forget). 

I love swimming and follow in my brothers footsteps there...no fear!!!  And, I want to be up on my feet as much as possible, whether just standing or walking with the help of Mommy, Uncle Gogo or Jane.  I like to practice walking up and down the hallway, which is convenient as Akira is going to the potty chair at the end of the hall about once an hour, and it takes me forever to walk the length of the hallway....when I finally get down it, it's time to turn around and go back (just kidding...sort of). 

In between all this swimming practice and walking practice and standing practice, I'm managing to have a lot of play time too.  Now that I'm getting bigger and more in control of my body, Akira and I are having more fun playing together.  He's such a good big brother he likes to include me in his games.  I'm so lucky to have a brother and a friend all in one. 

The only downside of all this growing up is I'm getting pretty demanding.  I have been having a fight of wills with Mommy.  I want her to pay attention to only me and to pick me up and play with me ALL THE TIME.  I'm fine when I'm eating dinner, but when it's Akira's turn to have dinner, I just sit and howl.....I want the attention all for myself.  Mommy is trying very hard to teach me to be an independent little girl who can entertain herself when necessary.  However, she doesn't know that her efforts are being thwarted by Jane and Jenny who spend all day giving me every bit of attention and thing that I want.  With them, all I have to do is make a little sound like I"m unhappy and they will rush to my rescue.  Mommy is telling them that they can't do that and must not teach me that when I whine and cry I can get whatever I want....but, in fact, with them, if I whine and cry, I can get WHATEVER I want!  Yay for me....





No comments:

Post a Comment