Saturday, December 26, 2009

My First Christmas

ok....I kinda had one last year, but Iwas only a month old, and I was REALLY sick and living in an orphanage....so I sorta don't think it counts.  I'm counting THIS as my first Christmas.  It was a good one.  I had so much fun!  I couldn't stop smiling and laughing all day long. 

But, let me tell you a secret.  While I enjoyed the gift opening and new toys and things to look at, the truth is that the reason I loved Christmas so much is because I got to be with my family all day long and everyone was happy and in a good mood.  I love being with everyone and I love getting attention from my family and I love when everyone is happy! 

But, as far as booty....I did pretty well.  Santa filled my stocking with fun foods and toys.  Then, Santa brought me a new pillow/hippo stuffed animal just for me.  And, Mommy bought me books and fingerpaints for Christmas.  I loved opening my gifts and watching everyone else open theirs too.  Mommy got me a few new books, but I like one in particular....called, "An African Princess".  It's about a girl who lives like an ordinary girl in the US but she is really a special girl with a whole big family from Africa....and even though her African family isn't powerful or rich.....she knows inside that she is an African Princess and she is so proud of who she is and where she comes from.  I love that story. 

We also went to church for Christmas morning....but I can't tell you much about it cause I took my nap during the service.  It was very relaxing with people singing Christmas songs....

















All in all....not too shabby for my first Christmas.  I'm looking forward to the next one.  But, for now, we're getting excited for the New Year!!  Merry Christmas everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness she looks SO happy! I love the idea of that book she got! And their outfits! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry First Official Christmas! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete