Thursday, December 24, 2009

Lunch on Christmas Eve

Our family tradition, started just this year, is that Mommy, Aki and I have a special lunch date each year on 24 Decembe, and no one else is invited.  At this lunch, Mommy will give Aki and I each one gift which will be our first Christmas gift of the year to open.  And, each year Mommy will write each of us a letter reflecting on the past year which later on will give us a collection of letters that will tell our story. 

Today we went to the Mt. Meru game lodge and saw some animals and had lunch.  I think the bigget animal there was my brother,who was generally difficult and knocked over the juice and nearly the entire table! I think I will need to teach him table manners! 

I got a nice memory book which Mommy will fill with the story of how I found my way to my forever family.  Thanks Mommy and Aki for a nice afternoon.  I am looking forward to tomorrow....everyone keeps talking about Christmas like its a really exciting thing.  I don't really get the concept but I am excited that everyone else is excited.  Let's hope the day lives up to its hype...






No comments:

Post a Comment