Saturday, December 19, 2009

Road Trip

We took a trip last week to Dar.  In the back seat for 10 hours was myself, my brother Akira, and a baby from the orphanage who needed to get an HIV test done in the big city.  Mommy and Uncle Gogo agreed, I am by far the easiest road tripper of the three.  The baby, Rachel, cried a lot.  Akira was busy either poking poor Rachel in the eye to make her cry, and thereby making Mommy and Uncle Gogo yell at him, or asking to go potty.  Sometimes he had to go and sometimes he was just bored and wanted everyone to pull the car over so he could get out and play.  Me....I just sat there....I ate when food was offered, drank when liquid was offered and slept most of the rest of the time. 




Dar was very boring.  Not much for a 1 year old to do in 100 degree heat except sit in the hotel room and hope to go home soon.  We visited the embassy a few times, and went to eat and tried to play at a kid area at a mall....but it was really really hot.  All in all....it was a hard trip.  Mommy was frustrate most of the time because she was having problems getting the documents she needed for our immigration paperwork. 

One fun thing was meeting a woman named, Sissy.  She helps to take babies who need HIV tests in Dar.  So we met her for Rachel.  When we met her she was really surprised to see me.  She took care of me back in February when I was getting an HIV test in Dar myself.  She was happy to see that I have grown into such a big girl and was remembering me as a very small and sick little baby.  Mommy told her thank you again and again for taking care of me when I needed it.  We are so grateful for people like her and Davona who helped me until I could find my forever family. 




Another fun thing is that Mommy let me try my first bit of juice while we were in Dar.  I had passion juice.  Boy was it good!!! But, Mommy only let me have a little bit.  She tried to limit the juice intake and only have it for special occassions.  Aki and I mostly stick with milk and water. 




So that was about it for Dar.  I'm very happy to be home.  We will have to go back again in a month or two...I hope it's better then, but I'm not holding out much hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment