Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Who I am at 14 months

I am not that weak, quiet, passive, shy little baby that came home to my forever family at 5 1/2 months too small and weak and sick to even lift my head up.  No way!  I am a different girl all together at 14 months...and watch out world, I'm here to stay!

No longer timid, I scream when I don't like what is happening....this means that I scream my lungs out about 20 times a day directed at my big brother who is either tormenting me or being tormented by me and trying to get away.  Either way, I scream!

I LOVE big boy playtime and am less interested in playing with girls my own age.  Mommy has tried, but I just let her know I'm not interested.  I want to fly airplanes with the big boys.  I LOVE to make the sound of the hippo.  Akira has a cool book with all the safari animal sounds.  I have learned to trumpet like an elephant and to laugh like a hippo.  I also like to 'ca ca' like  bird. 

I can say thank you and mama, uh oh, and elela (elephant).  I point to Akira's pictures on the wall and exclaim, "elela".  Mommy tries to tell me that it is Aki, but I know better....
I also have started to say gogo (my Uncle Christopher's nickname from Aki). 

I really love to give kisses and when I feel like giving a kiss, I make my lips into an 'm' and say "mmmmmmwah!!!" and that is the signal to my Mommy that I would like to give a kiss on the lips please.  I am so pleased with myself afterwards! 

I understand a LOT of what my Mommy is saying now...and I'm as mischevious as my brother ever was.  I am cruising all over holding onto people and furniture.  And, I'm constantly trying to stand without any help and balancing on my own.  I love to try to stand for 10 seconds or so and then fall into my Mommy's arms and give her a big kiss....and a bigger laugh!  I'm having a great time being 14 months.....just wait till 15 comes along!

No comments:

Post a Comment