Monday, February 1, 2010

Dear Huggies:

I have a grevience.  Don't get me wrong, I like Disney characters as much as the next one year old. For heavens sake, my Auntie Resa even works at Disneyland.  I have a feeling that, much to my Mommy's dismay, there will be an abundance of Disney in my future. 

BUT....I believe you can still have an excellent business relationship with Disney enterprises while still maintaining some decorum.  Just, please, isn't there someone at Huggies who can think about the dignity of babies everywhere?  Why, oh why would you choose to put Winnie-the POOH on your diapers???


I'm not against any of the gang over in the Hundred-Acre-Wood.  In fact, every night Mommy sits in Akira's bed and we all listen to her read a story of their adventures.  Owl, Christopher Robin, Eyeore, Rabbit, and especially Tigger.....so many cool characters to choose from.  Why, then, would you choose a character nicknamed, "Pooh" to put on some diapers???

I am now subjected to the most humiliating of daily experiences.  My brother, a recent Winnie-the-Pooh addict, is soooo excited every time he sees anything with Winnie-the-Pooh on it.  Now, he insists of running around, pointing at my diapers and yelling, "pooh Mommy, pooh".  How humiliating is this situation for poor little me?  At least Mommy has caught on now.  For the first few days, she didn't understand that he was talking about Winnie-the-Pooh, so she kept smelling my bum to see if my diapers needed changing!  Man, talk about a bear of very little brain, what about my Mommy....not the brightest bulb on the tree if you ask me.  Finally, she caught on and when Aki points at my diaper and yells pooh she understands that he is talking about the bear and not anything else.  Still, what about others out there in the world?  Maybe everyone doesn't know that there is a picture of Winnie-the-Pooh on my diaper and they think I've just done something smelly and inappropriate in there. 


Please Huggies executives, Disney Marketing team....anyone out there with connections, get the bear off my diaper!  Aren't there about 30 different Disney Princesses that the feminst crowd my Mommy runs with are always complaining about? Can't I just have Ariel on my diaper and become needy and clingy at an early age??? 

Sincerely,

Clara Shei Violet Bowman

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Clara Shei...we use Pampers which use Sesame Street characters. Caden turns himself into a pretzel on the changing table to see Elmo, Ernie and Big Bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until the princesses invade your home and you'll be wishing it was covered in POOH!

    ReplyDelete