Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Half Birthday to me!

I turned 6 months old today! 6 months.....there were some people out there who weren't even sure I would make it this long. But, I'm 6 months old...and going strong. I might be small, but believe me, I'm MIGHTY! And, I'm growing all the time. 2 weeks ago I weighed in at 3.8 kilos. In pounds that is 8.4 pounds. Today Mommy took me to the AAR clinic in town to be weighed. I weighed in at 4.4 kilos. That is 9.7 pounds. That is a gain of 1.3 pounds in 2 weeks! And, I'm getting more vocal and more hungry all the time. I almost always am asking Mommy to make an extra bit of bottle after I finish my original one these days.

To celebrate, the family went out for lunch today. I'm not sure that it really worked all that well for me. Everyone else got lunch out....I ate the same bottle of formula that I always do. I'm still too small and under-developed to start solids quite yet. We are waiting just a few more weeks until I can sit a bit more steadily. Anyway....it was fun (though I fell asleep half way through the meal).

I think that life is looking up....I can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment